Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This had to be done part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyu50HnvvDI

" they made sure abortion was illegal in Michigan NO exceptions No compromise. They are my heroes and I owe my life to them."

Yep, because heaven forbid you or anyone else would be willing to see this as a complex issue with many different facets with far reaching impacts. Heaven forbid that they be willing to contemplate that they might be doing serious damage to women like your mother and to any children resulting. And you owe your life to them? No, you owe your life to rape. And you owe your life to a rape excusing culture built on the tears of women like your mother. You owe your life to the fact that your mother was scared out of her wits and tried to survive the best way she knew how at the time. Has it also never occured to you that there are people alive today who owe their existence to the fact their mothers had access to abortion? What about THEIR right to be here.

" and that in turn is why i do the same for others."
bold faced lie. you just said halfway thru this vid that you do this because you feel worthless and you need to validate yourself. and you want to really help stop rape abortions? help stop rape.

" and then i have people tell me oh well if you had been aborted you wouldnt be here today and you wouldnt know the difference anyways."

which is true. You also wouldnt be able to do this stupid video capitalizing on your mothers rape. and seriously quit with the childish hand gestures.

" and ive explained how their logic would justify me killing them tomorrow because you wouldnt know the difference and it wouldnt matter."

oh dont freakin tell me you havent had this crap shoved back up your backside. Yes, i freakin WOULD know the difference. I am fully aware now and i have an alerted survival instanct that makes me want to keep living, unlike what you DIDNT have as an embryo. I would most likely be terrified and feel it before you killed me UNLIKE you as an embryo. I have social connections and am an integrated part of society now UNLIKE you as an embryo. I have experienced life already UNLIKE you as an embryo. I have responsibilities to this world now that I am born UNLIKE you as an embryo. It is NOT the same thing!! 

PS: to anyone watching the vid: pause the vid at precisly 8:04. her face looks HILARIOUS!

" its amazing what a little logic can do."

you might want to take your own advice there einstein. Logic dictates that the world doesnt revolve around you. Logic dictates that this is a highly complex and complicated issue that cant be solved by your little ancedote.

" and the fact is there are lives here today because they were aborted."

Not the point. There are would be lives that would be in INNUMERABLE places right now if certain customs, laws, practices or accidents would have or would not have happened. Doesnt mean we can dictate legally what those circumstances should be because we need people to be in certain places. And it is worth noting there are people that are not here right now BECAUSE their moms hadnt been able to abort. Kids their moms would have had if they only had been able to have children when they wanted them and could support them. Children that would have been concieved and birthed in the gestational time frame of a current pregnancy. And do you think those lives that you speak of are sad about their fate? And who is to say that all of the pregnancies that would have been carried to term would have become pro life individuals?

" my life matters. your lives matter"

I think it would be a more truthful statement coming from you if you ommitted the your lives matter part. For that is not honestly how you feel. You have made it quite clear in this video that the lives of certain people can be subjugated for you specifically, namely your mother. My life matters? Does it matter enough that you think I should be able to control my destiny by not being an unwilling baby factory? Do the lives of the women and children who have been sentenced to lifetimes of misery and deprivation because of your oppresive dictates matter? Do the lives of women who die from illegal and unsafe abortions matter? Do the children and loved ones of those women matter? How exactly do you think my life matters? In what functional way does it matter? You dont think I should be able to control my destiny so what sthe point in having life in the first place?

" and dont let anyone tell you otherwise"

i will take you up on that advice. I wont let YOU tell ME that I should bend to the will of your existential crisis by selling my self into reproductive slavery. I wont let YOU tell ME that in order to be a compassionate person I have to stop caring and considering the needs and welfare of the wonderful women in my life who have aborted and unashamedly dont regret it or apologize for it. I wont let YOU tell ME that I should consider myself to have less of a right to self determination than a rapist. And I sure as hades wont let YOU tell ANYONE else that they should have to give up their hard won freedoms because it offends you.

" One of the greatest  things I have learned is that the rapist is not my creator."

Holy crap!!!!! the expression on your face!!! You are talking about a rapist!!! Not a fun day you just had at the beach. And your MOTHERS rapist to boot. And he most DEFINETLY is your creator. He forced your conception and then he and those who enabled his continued victimization of your mother forced your birth. Your birth was caused by him. To say GOD causes rape is disgusting. And really? that is what you have learned? You didnt learn to be more compassionate? You didnt learn about rape culture and revictimization? Once again the supposed lesson  you learned is all about YOU and no one else!!

" As some people would have me believe'

Who would those people be? Geneticists? Yeah i think I gonna go with the geneticists

"My value and identity are not established as being a product of rape but a child of GOD."

really? i couldnt tell by the way you are talking and behaving here. You act this entire time like it IS your whole identity. You even state that you do what you do because you feel insecure. And yes you ARE a result of rape whether you want to admit it or not. Not happy with that reality? Neither am I. Join me and millions of other who are determinated to eradicate rape so no other person has to face what you do. But of course you couldnt leave out a GOD reference while you were at it. Leave religion out of the political arena!! You want to know what the bible says about being a child of GOD? That they are supposed to be meek and not think too highly of themselves and that they are to HUMBLE themselves before GOD and man, none of which you have displayed in this video. The bible says we are to bear one anothers burdens. When is the last time you felt a burden in your heart for what your mother endured? Have you ever?

" There are no human words that could heal me from what ive been thru."

uhhhh... what did you go thru again? oh you were raped i almost forgot. wait a minute......... im sorry i made another mistake. it was your MOTHER who went thru all that. and heal you? you are looking for people to heal you? speaking of your mom, the VICTIM, she is probably the one that could really use some healing right about now.

" though my mother and father forsake me, the LORD will receive me."

wait i thought the rapist wasnt your father?

" who else is going to say that to us society? will society receive us?

wait a minute i thought your value wasnt based on your conception or what society thought of it. and you really think every person in society is out to get you because of your conception?

" my husband and I we went on to adopt FIRST (emphasis on first)"

why was it important to adopt first? what would be wrong with having a biological and then adopting? and speaking of adoption; why have any bio kids at all? why not adopt all of them? i will take this time to say i do respect that you encourage people to adopt and that you did yourself. i so wish more people would. But here is something to ponder. Could it be that you felt the need to adopt in order to feel like your adoption wasnt a complete waste since your adopted parents only adopted you and your brother after they struggled for years trying to conceive?

" and we have three biological daughters."

i hate to do this but i think it is necessary. considering the current statistics of sexual assault, one of her kids has a decent chance of being sexually assaulted. I REALLY hope that doesnt happen. not for any reason other than sexual assault is a vile crime and those little girls deserve to live free of the fear of it. There is also no doubt in my mind though that if something were to happen to one of them, she would deny them an abortion if they so desired. GOD please protect these little girls

" i closed my law practice so i could homeschool my children and also come and speak to you."

i suspect the homeschooling move on her part was to keep her children isolated and to indoctrinate them into being self imposed victims as she has taught herself to be. and you wanted to be able to come and speak to the people in the audience? once again didnt you say previously that you are secure in CHRIST and that you dont need to be validated by anyone but him?

" No more or no less than any of you."

no more than any of us? come off it. you dont really believe that. because you think people are being cruel when they show empathy for your mother or women like her.

"but yes i am GODS gift to this world."
she shakes her head when saying this. In my 25 years on this planet, I have never met a person that said that about themselves. I can say that having met at least 2 people who were clinically diagnosed as narcissists by qualified psychiatrists.

" and you are too"
why thank you. but if there is one thing i have learned growing up in a poor italian american family ( HI MOM HI DAD!!) it is that gifts can and sometimes should be returned. the apostle paul himself considered to die to be gain since it would mean being with CHRIST. if my life were to end tomorrow, or event if it had never been, the world would not have burned. Nor would it have burned if you hadnt. you are not irreplacable even though you think you are.

" i hope you know your own worth."

and I sincerely hope that someday YOU come to know your own worth since it is apparent to me from the video that you havent found it yet despite what you say. you still feel as if you are being tossed aside by society because a good portion of it wants to protect women like your mother from compulsory motherhood after a brutal assault. you STILL cannot come to accept your father is a rapist. You STILL cannot accept that your mothers life was almost destroyed.

"when you can say you are pro life without exception its like saying you get it. you all matter."

once again i thought you didnt need anyone but GOD to tell you that you matter. and who exactly do YOU think is getting the message that they dont matter by your hardline stance? oh i dont know, maybe rape victims perhaps? do their lives matter? and no, being "prolife" without exception is saying that you are too narrow minded to see any shades of grey in this complex world of hurt and pain.

" now go forth and do the same for others."

i have a suggestion for you rebecca. why dont YOU go forth and work together with me and fellow activists to end rape and assault against other people?



i will add one more bit to this piece. Rebecca. you are not a survivor. THIS is a survivor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tLK_YofnA8&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. At the end of the day, Rebecca makes a compelling appeal to emotions. No, I could never imagine what it is like to grow up knowing I was the product of rape.

    I do know what it feels like to be unplanned. I do know what it feels like to know my mother thought about and could have had an abortion. But, the most beautiful thing is knowing that despite being unplanned, despite the hardships, my mother CHOSE to have me of her own free will. It was not forced upon her. I am not her unjustified burden.

    Rebecca cannot say that, and I think that probably has done some irreparable harm to her feelings of self worth. I feel sorry for her, on that end.

    However, she doesn't get to build her self worth on the backs of rape victims.

    I am glad RK came around, on one hand. Without her, I would have never known how committed to women's rights, to human rights, I really was. It wasn't until I had to defend my reasons for aborting a rape-caused pregnancy as an 11 year old child that I realized that there are sick people out there that wouldn't bat an eye if women and girls die as a result of their rape-caused pregnancy. They would probably rejoice. And I knew my fight would never, ever be over.

    ReplyDelete