Friday, July 29, 2011

Response to MommyLife

http://mommylife.net/archives/2007/01/why_young_peopl.html

"In my last newspaper column, I touched lightly on the uneasy feeling experienced by many young people who know their parents could have destroyed their lives before they began. Yes, their parents chose them, but still - what a creepy feeling."

My Response:

How exactly can someone's life be destroyed if it hasn't begun? And you consider it unfortunate that their parents chose them? What I find creepy is that these kids are even worrying about this.

"Finally someone has articluated what I - as a boomer - could only guess at. Lucy wrote:"

MY RESPONSE:

So you are glad your mom had little choice but to have you when she became pregnant. I find that attidue to be extremally entitled and self serving. Your mom isn't here to birth you into the world. She had a mind and a life before you.

"I was born in 1974. I have found that even though I was "wanted" the culture has affected me. It really does make those of us born after 1973 feel something, even if we if don't know what it is."

My Response:

Speak for yourself. I am glad my mom had a choice. I happen to know alot of people who are here BECAUSE their mothers had abortions. And alot of millenials themselves have had abortions. The whole point of abortion being legal is so children CAN be born knowing they were wanted and planned for. It is only people who are severly insecure in their own lives that can't handle other people having freedom.

"Perhaps it's the knowledge that if we'd been born to different parents or at a less convenient time, we'd be dead."

My Response:

No if we were born to different parents and at a different time, we wouldnt be US. And for the love of everything decent; PLEASE antis, stop with the whole myth of "convenience." It is a serious matter that women contemplate. If they were so flippant, millions of women around the world wouldn't be risking life and limb to have abortions illegally now would they?

"It's almost like having a death sentence hanging over your head all of the time; knowing that it's only by God's grace that you were conceived by parents who would choose to allow you to live."

My Response:

I was wondering how long it would take them all to get to a GOD reference. Anti choice is by and lareg a result of religious thinking and not rational, secular arguments. And where was GOD's grace for those who were supposedly aborted? If GOD's grace saved you, why didn't he save them?

"I think that subconciously we feel that we were all supposed to die, but some of us escaped. Some of us were granted clemency."

My Response:

Right because every pregnant woman in the world is just dying to abort. Although sadly some of them ARE actually dying by giving birth or by illegal abortion. And yes I know women can and do die from legal ones as well. Any surgery carries risk.

"And we don't know how to deal with the guilt and the loss of family and friends we'll never know."

My Response:

How about you stop wasting  your time and get to know people who are here now and help THEM lead fulfilling lives instead of contemplating what could have been? Live in the moment for cripes sake. Or better yet, get to know people who are here today because their moms had abortions. Your argument also goes both ways. What about the children that would be here today if their moms had been able to live to have another baby but she died from a back alley abortion? Or the children that would have been born if their mothers hadn't gone sterile from an illegal abortion?

"I think that loss has gotten more intense as the years have gone by."

My Response:

There are ALWAYS going to be pregnancies ending for one reason or another. If you are waiting around for abortion to be criminalized in every country you are wasting time.

"And I think it's one reason (among some others, but not that many) that younger people are so groundless and desperate for love."

My Response:

Not that many? You REALLY think that is the "main" reason children are discouraged today? And I agree the people in your camp are desperate for love, which is why you feel the need to control womens lives because you don't know any other way to validate your existence.

"A child is supposed to believe that his parents love him more than anything and love each other even more than that. But what is a child supposed to do when neither of those loves are certain? Just look at our culture and you'll see what children do. "

My Response:

I agree all children should feel loved. But part of being a good parent is having children when you are ready and can handle it. 60% of American women who have abortions already have at least one child in their care. Many state they have abortions due to obligations towards the child or children they have. And while we are on the subject of children. What about the 250,000 children orphaned worldwide every year because their mothers die in back alleys? Don't THOSE children deserve to be loved? And being born to ANY set of parents whether they could legally abort at the time isn't ever a gaurentee that love will be certain. And look to cultures where abortion is illegal. There are plenty of corrupted children in those countries.


"I look at my own children and wonder how the love of death in this culture will affect them. I want them to know that I love them and that their father and I will always love them and each other."

My Response:

Love of death my left buttcheek. Some of the most violent cultures on Earth are in countries where abortion is illegal. It is also worth noting that those cultures tend to be the most hateful towards women. I have an idea of how YOUR mentality will end up affecting them. They will probably grow up deeply insecure and unsure of themselves since they depend on others to validate their birth. I hope your children know you love them too. If  you want them to know, tell them so. ( Hey that rhymes.)

"We trust God to protect their hearts and minds while praying that God will use us and them to reach out to a hopeless world with the message of eternal life and everlasting love."

My Response:

It sure doesn't appear as if you are trusting GOD with their protection since you are so terrified of our supposed "culture of death." And I hope GOD will use EACH of us to give this world hope.

"I'd love to hear more thoughts on this by those of you born after Roe v. Wade."

My Response:

Sure thing.

Signed,

A pro choice girl born after Roe Vs Wade   AKA: Leia Pamela Peison   AKKA: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment