Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My mom was raped. Poor me ( A Response to a Zealot)

"We’ve all heard someone say: “I’m pro-life, well, except in cases of rape …” or “I’m pro-choice, especially in cases of rape !”

For good reason. Rape is a crime of wanting to have total control over the destiny of another person. To allow abortion is to allow them to regain some autonomy and sense of wellness. Which is crucial to their healing. I am proud to live in a country that has evolved to the point where rape victims have at least some rights under the law.


"Have you ever considered how really insulting it is to say to someone, “I think your mother should have been able to abort you.”?

No because as a pro choice person I think my mom should have been able to have an abortion. And I have spoken and in fact am friends with pre ROE adoptees who are pro choice. They actually say that their mother's life would have been better if she had been able to have an abortion. And it is an argument from existential crisis which is bullcrap. NEXT.

 " It’s like saying, “If I had my way, you’d be dead right now."

No, if I had my way your mother wouldn't have been raped in the first place. Way to be full of yourself Rebecca. You are using nothing but emotional manipulation to get your point. SO immature.

"And that is the reality with which I live every time someone says they are pro-choice or pro-life “except in cases of rape” because I absolutely would have been aborted if it had been legal in Michigan when I was an unborn child, and I can tell you that it hurts."

No, it is the reality YOU have created in your own mind due to a lack of self worth. The world is not against you. You are against IT. For you have shrunken the world down to your little existential crisis. So what? Your mother didn't exist just to have you. She had a life and welfare of her own that deserved to be respected. Yes your mother should have been able to get an abortion. That is the whole reason abortion is now legal. So women no longer have to go thru what your mother went thru.
So women no longer have to bear children unwillingly. We are ALL results of circumstances or practices that occured long ago that lead to us being here. It doesn't mean those practices were good or that they should be perpetuated because some of us wouldn't be here now if they hadn't happened.

" I know that most people don’t put a face to this issue — for them abortion is just a concept — with a quick cliche, they sweep it under the rug and forget about it. I do hope that, as a child conceived in rape, I can help to put a face, a voice, and a story to this issue. "

BULLCRAP!!! People definetly put a face to this issue because almost everyone knows someone who has been raped. And even more people know someone who has had an abortion. And what of the ones who DO put a face to this issue, like professionals for example that advocate for the needs of rape survivors? Or do they need YOUR face specifically? You are full of it for saying women have abortions willy nilly. Any rational thinking person knows that is bullcrap. And your statement of "A story" is very accurate. It is A story, not THE story!! I have read accounts of rape victims who got pregnant the same year your mom did and were denied abortions. Let's just say the consequences were bad for everyone involved. Yours is an anecdote. Nothing more. And your voice is a voice for yourself, NOT your mother!!

"In reply, some have said to me, “So does that mean you’re pro-rape?” Though ludicrous, I’ll address it because I understand that they aren’t thinking things through."

You could have fooled me. From the look of it you do NOTHING for rape prevention. The only one not thinking things thru is YOU! You have taken the victimization of your mother and capitalized on what she went thru for your benefit. That is disgusting. Get a real job. Why not go the Olivia Benson SVU avenue?

"There is a huge moral difference because I did exist, and my life would have been ended because I would have been killed by a brutal abortion."

You existed in a very primitive state of no self awareness. The ONLY ONE whose life was almost ended was your mothers. She was early in her pregnancy when she wanted to abort. FAR before fetuses can even feel pain. Quit projecting.


"You can only be killed and your life can only be devalued once you exist. Being thankful that my life was protected in no way makes me pro-rape."

Speaking of devaluing life once it is here, that is EXACTLY what you are doing to your mom and women like her. And it isn't a far cry. You owe your life to rape more than abortion laws, which is a fact you desperately run from. You are having an existential crisis and now every woman in the world has to suffer for it. Good job. 



No comments:

Post a Comment